What do you need to do?
Acoustic’s support of TLS protocol will be changing. Acoustic Campaign (formally Silverpop) servers currently allow the use of older versions of the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol, but consistent with most internet applications and providers, they will soon be removing the ability to connect to their servers using these versions of the technology; versions 1.0 and 1.1, which are known to provide weaker security. The TLS protocol is used to encrypt communications across a network, ensuring that transmitted data remains private.
Acoustic support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will be removed from March 2nd 2020. This change will impact the communication between HCL Unica Campaign and Acoustic Campaign. To avoid issues, companies with an integration between Unica and Acoustic will need to ensure their integration supports TLS 1.2 standards. Failure to do this will result in the inability to upload or download data into Acoustic Campaign.
Whenever data is in transit with Acoustic Campaign, the TLS protocol is used. This includes:
• Mobile App Messages
• Calling APIs via any means
• Accessing Acoustic Campaign via a browser on any device
• Transferring files to and from Acoustic Campaign using an SFTP tool or library
What changes are needed?
• Ensure that your SFTP client and client libraries use TLS 1.2.
• Ensure that your API client and client libraries to use TLS 1.2.
• Use the most current version of supported browsers and operating systems, including mobile devices.
Note: This change does not impact outbound email (SMTP), SMS, or mobile app message traffic.
HCL Unica Campaign
Purple Square has already helped several organisations using Unica with the below installations and integrations, to be compliant; making their communications more secure than ever and preparing them for the upcoming change.
- HCL Accelerator users
- HCL Unica Campaign installed on IBM WebSphere ®
- HCL Unica Campaign installed on Oracle ® WebLogic
If you are not one of our Application Management clients and require assistance, please reach out to us for details on how we can help you.