About Purple Square
We are Purple Square CX, a Customer Experience Advisory that offers a diverse range of services aimed at enhancing customer interactions for businesses. Our expertise lies in three key areas – CX advice and strategy, marketing automation, and customer data platforms (CDPs).
Our team comprises CX strategists, engineers, developers and builders, all focused on delivering against the five core principles of CX: Vision, Operations, People, Data and Technology.
With over 1,200 projects successfully delivered for over 300 clients we build long term partnerships with our clients, that deliver their Customer Experience goals, both short-term and long into the future.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our professional services team as a consultant supporting our clients and partners implementing best in class marketing automation solutions. As a trusted CX advisor you will be responsible for project management, planning, design implementation and enablement activities for customers using HCL Unica as well as other Marketing Automation and CDP platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Braze, Iterable and more. The consultant is the face of Purple Square, responsible for identifying and delivering the most appropriate solution to the clients’ needs. The role will report into the Head of Professional Services.
A consultant will fulfil one or more of the following roles within a project:
- Technical Architect
- Business Consultant
- Project Manager
Responsibilities of the role will vary in accordance with the Client or Organisation, the Industry, the technology platforms in play and the scope of individual engagements; typical duties include:
- Project and Programme Management.
- Business Analysis: Client workshop co-ordination and management, supporting clients to define their Marketing Automation requirements, from scope through to final project deployment.
- Technical/Architectural design; Defining appropriate operational and system architectures and integration pathways.
- Developing client operating models and ways of working.
- On-Premise Marketing Software installation.
- SaaS application service provisioning and configuration.
- Implementing client specific software configuration, in line with customer objectives.
- Developing vendor solution roadmaps for clients.
- Business Development.
- User Acceptance Testing management and support.
- Customer enablement and training; guidance on self-paced learning; best practice advice and guidance on the optimal use of the marketing automation solution.
- Solution blueprint, and enablement documentation.
As an ideal candidate you will:
- Be responsible; able to take ownership of the role individually and as a representative of Purple Square.
- Be enthusiastic; to inspire our clients and your colleagues to think and deliver in new, more effective ways.
- Have exceptional standards; for us, being just good enough, simply isn’t, our passion drives us beyond this to deliver optimal solutions.
- Work with integrity and have a knowledge sharing attitude; we are transparent in all our business dealings and enthusiastic about share information to benefit all involved.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Be able to adapt to changing client requirements & priorities.
- Be able to ‘fit in’ with client culture and processes, while remembering that they are a client and Purple Square is a supplier, so should act and behave accordingly.
- Be helpful, proactive, friendly, and approachable.
- Have strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree qualified
- Marketing experience (3+ years) or a good understanding of marketing practices
- Experience with campaign management technologies (e.g. Unica/Salesforce Adobe/Oracle/Braze/Acoustic/Faststats)
- Comfortable working with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Data literate, comfortable working with databases and SQL (e.g. MS SQL Server/Oracle)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Excellent self-management, organisation and Analytical skills
- Administrative or User experience with one or more of the following is a definite advantage:
- Unica Platform (Campaign/Interact/Optimize/Plan)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce CRM
- Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Competitive Salary
- Group Life Assurance (4* Salary)
- Business and personal travel insurance
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years
- Learning and development opportunities
- Friendly and supportive workplace
- Other benefits as they are introduced
The role will require a mixture of remote and onsite work, consultative activities are often required to be performed on a clients’ sites and therefore the Consultant should be comfortable with traveling both within the UK and mainland Europe.
It is essential to be based within a reasonable commute of a major airport.